Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Worst Reads of 2005


The Genesis Code by John Case. I think this was suppose to ride on the coat tales of the DaVinci Code which I haven't read yet. Actually a good story idea but too much filler stuff. If your main character is going for a jog they need to have some really insightful thoughts or earth shattering break through that is relevant to the story.

The Five People You Meet In Heavenby Mitch Albom. Sorry this just didn't do it for me. I can see how some people found it touching or inspiring though.

Haunted by Heather Graham. I have read Graham in the past; back when I wasn't so cynical about love and romance I suppose. Back then she wrote "historical romance" which were fun but I quickly out grew. So I thought I'd give her a try since she appeared to do a genre switch as many romance authors have done. So, Haunted was about a contemporary haunted house that, get this, was haunted by civil war ghosts. Doh! Same story just different place and different time. This kind of thing really bugs me for some reason. I suppose that there will always be an audience of this genre and author, however, you'd think she would want to grow along with her readers.


The Summer I Dared by Barbara Delinsky. *yawn* The title and cover didn't live up to my expectations. I nice sweet book I think my mother would have liked to read.


1 comment:

Annie said...

I nearly bought the Albom book last weekend, but not sure if it will be my cup of tea.
I'm kinda glad I didn't! ;-)

Annie ;-)