Friday, March 24, 2006

Reading Slump or would it be a Rut???

Life has been so hectic on a personal level I'm finding it terribly hard to focus on my reading. I've actually started three books and had to put them down and move on to something lighter and still just creep those.

Middlesex
The DaVinci Code
The Rock Orchard

All very good but I'm so distracted with life I feel like I have no clue of what I had read once I pick the book back up. I don't recall the story line and or who the characters are. It really gets me down when I feel like I'm not making any progress on the TBR shelf with 100 + books.

So I'm thinking the solution for now is to just not worry about. I'm going to forget about any "obligation" type reading like the author challenge and/or group reads for boards. Just going to read what ever strikes my mood and if it takes me a month to read 200 pages well so be it.

Hopefully, I'll be back on a reading streak before I realize it.

No comments: