Monday, June 26, 2006

#28 Me & Emma by Elizabeth Flock ****



From Amazon: The title characters in Me & Emma are very nearly photographic opposites--8-year-old Carrie, the raven-haired narrator, is timid and introverted, while her little sister Emma is a tow-headed powerhouse with no sense of fear. The girls live in a terrible situation: they depend on an unstable mother that has never recovered from her husbandÂ’s murder, their stepfather beats them regularly, and they must forage on their own for food.

07/10/06 This was a very compelling read. However, very sad and contains a couple of the mostdislikablee characters I've encountered. Flock did a great job of distracting me with what I thought would be thepredictablee ending leaving me surprised. I like to be surprised by an ending!

No comments: