Tuesday, January 24, 2006

#3 Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris ***


Me Talk Pretty One Day is the second book I've read by Sedaris. Also, read Holidays On Ice which was a nice fun read in between other reads. So I'm hoping for the same with this one.

So far my favorite chapter has been Youth in Asia. Funny and poignant in that Sedaris way. It's about pets. Coincidently, I'm having a struggle with some unnamed neighbor who keeps complaining about my dogs barking too much. I got my second notice from metro yesterday. I've kept them inside at night from 8:00 pm - 6:00 am. So today I let them back in before going to work and let them out for about 30 minutes at lunch. They barked more than they normally do in my opinion. Granted the mail came and tree service was across the street. Guess if I can't get this under control I'll have to consider the Youth in Asia. Maybe they'd like a couple of yappy Pomeranians.

02/03/06 I'd have to say that I prefer Sedaris in small doses. I enjoy him but prefer him here and there and will keep that in mind for the next Sedaris book I read. I think a chapter in between some more heavy reading would be just the thing.

No comments: