Monday, April 17, 2006

#13 Across Five Aprils by Irene Hunt *****


It is set in southern Illinois where Jethro Creighton, an intelligent, hardworking boy, is growing into manhood as his brothers and a beloved teacher leave to fight in the Union and Confederate armies.

My daughter recommend Across Five Aprils to me and I have very high expectations.

04/21/06 My expectations were met and then some! I fell in love with this family that was good and honest during one of the most difficult times our country has faced. Reminded me of why Lincoln is one of my favorite presidents. Oddly felt that this book is very relevant today in regards to the war in Iraq and actually helped me have a bit of a different perspective on views that differ from mine. Not bad for a young adult book.

No comments: